- This is a yearlong Challenge it starts January 1st 2017 and ends December 31, 2017
- You have 4 Main goals to choose from; Blogging Goal, Reading Goal, Writing Goal or Personal Goal
- You must pick at least 2 Main goals and each main goal must have sub-goals (see below for a list of examples and how many subgoals you need to have for each main goal)
- Create a sign-up post and add it to the Linky (sign up before March 1st)
- On the 30th of every other month (and the 29th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura’s or My blog
- This is a yearlong challenge once you do a sign up post you can add or take away goals as you would like BUT on Jan 1st you will no longer be able change the list.
- You can delete and Tweak stuff at the halfway point
- Use the Hashtag #BookishResloutions to update us on how you are doing throughout the year. We will also be tweeting out questions during the challenge so make sure to check the hashtag often.
My 2017 Bookish Resolutions
- To achieve my Goodreads reading challenge goal of 100 books
- Complete at least 3/4 of the reading challenges that I have signed up for
- Participate in at least 2 read-a-thons
- Attend at least 1 author event a month
- This year I’m picking 1 author and 1 genre theme to concentrate on. My author is Samuel R. Delany and the genre is feminism/womanism. Delany’s work includes fiction (especially science fiction), memoir, criticism, and essays on sexuality and society.
- Re-organize my personal library
- Create 3-4 posts on my blog weekly. At least one of the posts will be a book review
- Make a habit of visiting 10 other book blogs and leaving comments about interesting posts on a weekly basis
- Update my editorial calendar weekly to help manage blog content
- Update my reading log and make sure that LibraryThing and GoodReads currently reading and completed reading are in synch on a weekly basis.
- Research and incorporate SEO into blog
I will post monthlyon my bookish resolutions progress.