The Bloggiesta reading event is hosted by Maw Book Blog. Bloggiesta runs from January 21-23, 2011 and is a blogging marathon. It’s an opportunity to cross those nagging items off of your to-do list and improve your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Since I have lots of items on my Blog To Do, I’m joining the Fiesta!
Below is a list of proposed blogging tasks:
- Book Reviews: Numero uno is to catch up on my book reviews. I still have 2 reviews to complete for 2010 and then I need to start on my 2011 reviews. So far, I have read 17 books for the new year and I want to make a huge dent in that list. My goal is to finish at least 5 reviews for my 2011 reading.
- Reading Challenges: I need to update my Reading Challenges with the books I have read and reviews that I have written. I also need to create pages for 4 challenges I have not listed.
- Posts: Write and publish the following posts in the following categories: bookstore review, author event attended, book lust item, books anticipating for 1st quarter of 2011, Sunday Salon and Mailbox Monday memes.
- Events Calendar: Attend an author event on Sunday, update events calendar to add book festivals interested in attending.
- Sidebar: Add memes and “member of” buttons to sidebar.
- Social Media: Create a gravatar, create favicon, post reviews to Facebook, LibraryThing, and Goodreads, look into local book meetup communities.
- My Library: Dust! Shelve books catalogued during the last month.
While I may not finish all of my tasks, I plan to make a big dent in the list. If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to join the chatter.